Water sampling drones remotely collect water samples to reduce the risks involved with tailing dams, pit lakes and crocodile-infested rivers. Instead of putting a human’s life at risk, a much safer option is to use a drone to collect water samples in risky environments. This also presents a significant resource, logistic, and cost-saving opportunity.
- Eliminates many of site hazards to the field staff involved in water sampling as the operator can remain at a safe distance from the water body;
- The system uses a winch system to lower and lift the water sampling container, greatly enhancing flight safety;
- The system has been designed with multiple redundancies to ensure safe operations such as a quick release system that can be triggered in case of an entanglement;
- Samples can be re-collected at the same exact location using high-precision GPS;
- Up to 5 samples can be collect in a single drone battery set, greatly increasing the efficiency of sampling; and
- The operator has a live view camera feed of the water sampling device.